Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Great Audio Experience

Last year I blogged about the very audible difference between MP3 and uncompressed (WAV) audio file formats, particularly when it comes to good quality home speakers and audio systems. I must say I am extremely humbled to find so many in the artist community that support this idea of great quality audio. Compression really does ruin their work. Artists spend quite a lot of time in the studio working on the sound and ambiance of their creation, and when they do hear their songs played back over a compressed format, it can be downright demoralizing.

And now they're starting to do something about it.

The band 3 Doors Down has joined forces with the Consumer Electronics Association to promote what they call Great Audio Experience. They just launched their website today and it was very interesting to hear from them how they view audio quality.

Check it out by clicking the link below:






If my blog has been helpful to you in any way, or if you have any comments or questions, please drop me a note. I would love to hear from you: hermansblog@netstreams.com

No comments: